Heart warming translated tweet #prayforjapan

12:03 AM

We’ve all been trained to immediately open the doors and establish an escape route when there is an earthquake. In the middle of the quake while the building was shaking crazily and things falling everywhere, a man made his way to the entrance and held it open. Honestly, the chandelier could have crashed down any minute … that was a brave man!



It was freezing and bus was taking ages to arrive. “@saiso” left the queue to run to a nearby pharmacy. He bought heating pads and gave one to everyone in the queue!


"My two year old was putting his shoes on himself saying "I'm going to go arrest the Earthquake!" I realized that inside a tiny body, there is a lot of courage and Justice. Everyone, lets stand strong and get through this."


"Cars were moving at the rate of maybe one every green light, but everyone was letting each other go first with a warm look and a smile. At a complicated intersection, the traffic was at a complete standstill for 5 minutes, but I listened for 10 minutes and didn’t hear a single beep or honk except for an occasional one thanking someone for giving way. It was a terrifying day, but scenes like this warmed me and made me love my country even more."




"Tokyo Disneyland was handing out its shops’ food and drinks for free to the stranded people nearby. I saw a bunch of snobby looking highschool girls walking away with large portions of it and initially though “What the …” But I later I found out they were taking them to the families with little children at emergency evacuation areas. Very perceptive of them, and a very kind thing to do indeed."


"I received an email from my Korean friend: "The only country to have experienced nuclear attacks. The country that lost the WWII. The country that suffers from typhoons every year and the earthquakes. However, isn't Japan the country that always stood up and overcame such difficulties? Gambare. Gambare."



"Last night, when I walked back to home from Campus, a female baker gave us bread for free, even if she has already closed the store. It was moving that I could find people who do things they can do in such loud situation. My heart became warm. Tokyo is not something dumped."


"The words of BBC’s reports are so moving they make me cry. They were praising us with words of admiration! “One of the worst earthquakes in recorded history has hit the world’s most well-prepared, well-trained nations. The strength of its government and its people are put to the test. While there have been casualties, in no other country could the government and the people have worked together in such an accurate and coordinated way in the face of such tragedy. The Japanese people have shown their cultural ability to remain calm in the face of adversity.”


"There was a train driver who had been working all night long. When I went up to him and said "It must be tough for you", he smiled and said to me, "What else can I do at a time like this?" Made me rethink about the people of Japan. Moved me."


"walked for 4 hours just to get home. Everyone was walking home silently, diligently. People working at the shops were doing their job. The Internet managed to hold, despite of the enormous overflow. Emergency shelters were opened and trains were quickly restored and ran all night. What a tough county. It doesn't matter what GDP we have."


"The vending machine, the internet wifi spot has been opened to the public; everyone is cooperating and people around the world are moved by this and are trying to help. We have changed since the time the Hanshin earthquake struck 16years ago. We have grown stronger."


"People of Japan, please do not lose your kind hearts. Be gentle to the weak, be helpful to each other, and always have a forgiving heart. Everyone is anxious, just like you. This is our prayer, and we shall also keep this in our hearts."



"People buying things at scattering supermarkets, with picking up thing fell off, and making line to pay. Elder person who gave his seat to a pregnant mother, even in a crowded train which just started the operation. Foreigners shocked by these sight. These must be real. Amazing, Japan."


A child holding a snack, waiting for his turn in queue at cash register. When it was almost his turn, he looked at the register then he looked like he was pondering for a moment. Then he put the money he had to buy a snack into a donation box and returned the snack he was going to buy, to the shelf, and left the store. Cashier said “Thank you” to his back in a quavering voice.


I saw a child saying to a station staff, “Thank you very much for your great job to keep driving trains.” The staff dropped his tears. My tears also dropped much.


“Nights were never this dark, and I never realized how beautiful the stars were. Sendai, look up and keep your heads high.”


Last night, as I was walking home from college, I saw a lady at the bakery giving out free bread to everybody. It was way past store hours, and the streets were full of people. It encouraged me a lot to see people trying to help others at their own extent. Tokyo wasn’t such a cold place afterall


"We live in an area that was not directly hit. When my father came downstairs and heard the news saying that our area had begun allocating electricity to the hard-hit areas, he quietly led by example, turning off the power around the house and pulling the plugs out of their sockets. I was touched. He usually NEVER turns off the lights or the AC or the TV or anything!"


"Yesterday, I was impressed and touched by the actions of my neighbor’s 13-year-old-boy. He was home alone when the earthquake hit. But instead of hiding, as soon as the earthquake quieted down, he jumped on his bicycle and road around the block repeatedly shouting at the top of his voice, “Is everyone alright? Is everyone okay?” At the time, there were only women and children and the elderly in the homes. I cannot describe how comforting it was just to hear a strong voice asking if I was okay. Thank you!"



taken from here : http://prayforjapan.jp/tweet_en.html



//this entry has been updated twice.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images